Every year I try to theme food off of the best picture nominees. Apparently, so does the rest of the internet, so I didn't have a hard time coming up with ideas when I was in a jam. And the Oscar nominees are:
- 12 Hours a Marinated Chicken Wing
- Dallas Cowboy Pulled Pork Sliders served with a syringe of BBQ sauce
- Philomena's Chocolate Stout Cake
- Somalian Chicken Skewers
- Gravity Defying Popcorn Bar
- Wolf of Wall Street Classic Champagne Cocktails
- Carmine's Homemade Limoncello
- Nebraska style Beer (yea that was creative)
- "Her" Mini-Pizzas
We spent the evening stuffing our faces, drinking too many champagne cocktails because we thought there would be a snow day on Monday, and playing inter-missionary games of Ellen's hit game Heads Up.
While Harry schmoozed with our friends, some of us walked the red carpet and took a pic on the "Red Carpet Selfie Wall" which tied in nicely with Ellen's most re-tweeted selfie of all time. Studious friends took a time-out to complete their Oscar picks on their ballots while pop culture enthusiasts made their way around our condo playing the "Guess that Oscar Winning Best Picture" game.
All in all it was a fabulous night, and an exciting way to spend a Sunday--however I highly suggest the Academy move the glamorous award show to a Saturday night so those champagne cocktails don't hurt so much the next day.