Tuesday, June 19, 2012

We-Had-a-Baby-It's-a-Boy


That's me up there and my new baby, Harry.  It's about 4am and we're in front a Hess station near Dorney Park in Allentown, PA.  Harry (formerly known as Luther) came from a no kill shelter in North Carolina that was nice enough to make a pit stop for us on their way to Connecticut.   He's supposedly part Miniature Schnauzer and Wire Fox Terrier and only 12 pounds at 4 months old.  I found out from this puppy growth calculator that he'd be about 35 pounds once fully grown.

After his long journey, all Harry wanted to do was sleep...and we did too.  So Harry and I snuggled on the couch.  I was amazed at how affectionate he already was.  I melted.

Once nap time ceased, we introduced Harry to Mr. Orange - his new baby.

We are so happy to have Harry in our family.  And I decided that I'd blog about my experiences with him as an opportunity to write, take pictures, and hopefully provide valuable advice or ideas to other people like myself.  If anybody is reading that is (thanks boo)! 

Harry has a brother that was left at the shelter and still needs to be adopted.  If you're interested, check out his link at petfinder here!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new baby! :-)

    I'va always had strays and shelter dogs, and would have no other. Unlike a lot of 700-1000 dollar pedigrees, I've never had to train a stray or shelter dog to warm up to us. They always know who cares for them, and reciprocate fully.

    Wishing you, and Harry all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gibson! This is my first experience with a shelter dog. My family had cats before, of which there is a plethora of in Philadelphia. So far we are loving it. Thanks for the well wishes!

    ReplyDelete