Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year Harry!

2012 was quite a year for me.  Harry joined my family, we climbed Machu Picchu, started a blog, and I finished my second marathon.  I've also learned a great deal about myself and what's important to me, and I hope to bring this knowledge into 2013.  Of course, 2013 will also be an opportunity to try lots of new things, of which I'm very excited to share.  New Year's Eve was spent at a small neighborhood get together with the theme of glitter and bow-ties.  Although we didn't bring Harry, he still dressed up in theme.
Since I wouldn't be able to kiss Harry at midnight, we practiced our best New Year's Eve kiss pre-party.  As we left I told Harry that I'd "see him next year".  He got very concerned and I had to explain to him that it was just a phrase and we'd actually see him in three hours. 
The best part of our NYE party was that our friends painted an entire wall with chalkboard paint and designated it to New Year's resolutions.  Although it ended up becoming vulgar and inappropriate thanks to alcohol, it was a great conversation starter.
I feel that resolutions are a peak into one's vulnerability.  Basically, you're announcing something that you can't do, or a goal you haven't yet achieved, or a weakness you see in yourself that you need to work on.  This is probably why everyone resolution-izes three beers deep.
This year I'm hoping to put more effort into my Etsy store, and possibly set myself up at a craft fair, arts festival, or neighborhood flea market with some of my "wares".  Actually this past week I've posted a few items for sale - check them out on the "Store" tab.  Of course I want to make sure I blog better too, on a consistent and regular basis. 

Unfortunately, Harry didn't make it to midnight but he woke up when we came home and in spirit of the holiday spent the night in our bed.  Harry's resolution is to get better at ball mouth coordination...we've gotten to about a 5 foot distance where he can catch in the air.  We're so excited to see what the new year will bring us!

No comments:

Post a Comment